If you have a child who is a picky eater, you know how difficult your life can be.
When you are “blessed” with a picky eater, those pleasant family meals together at home or at your favorite local restaurant you once looked forward to, instead have turned into daily battles.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are Five Tips to Help You Deal With Your Picky Eaters.
- Forget the Food Fights – When your kid refuses to eat, most mom’s first reaction is to force them, either with bribes, threats, or god-forbid, physical force!
- Try, try again – If you are dealing with a specific food that you want your finicky kid to eat, don’t give up after they refuse it the first or even the second time.
- Eat “Family Style” – Share a meal together as a family as often as you can. y are much more likely to want to consume the food on their plates.
- Get Them to Help Prepare the Meal – Kids who help their parents get dinner ready are much more likely to want to consume the food on their plates.
- Use the “Something of Everything, Everything of Something” Rule – This is a trick that many nutritionists and pediatricians recommend.